Installing on OSX¶
- Download the installation DMG and open it (double-click).
- Drag the SpectX-Desktop.app to Application folder.
- Open the System Preferences and click on “Security and Privacy”. You’ll see the message “SpectXDesktop.app was blocked from opening because it is not from an identified developer”. Click on “Open anyway”.
- A dialog box “SpectXDesktop.app is from an unidentified developer.” appears. Click on “Open”.
- Switch to SpectXDesktop window. Click on “Open”.
See how to configure downloading MaxMind database for geoip country and ASN lookups.
- Your default browser opens to “https://localhost:8388”, displaying accept EULA dialog:
- SpectX activation screen is displayed. Select “Enter your email … ” and submit your email (note that this requires Internet connectivity).
- SpectX user interface is displayed in the browser. You’re done with initial setup!